Comparison of DRM Removal Programs：Aimersoft & M4VGear DRM Media Converter
- March 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM #410
There are many methods to bypass DRM control on audio and video content. Easiest and quickest way is to use DRM Media Converter （DRM Removal Programs）, With this DRM Media Converter, you can legally bypass digital copyright protection. However, you can only process content that you has legally acquired under your own account. Although DRM is against the rights and freedom of consumer, weakens the competition and restricts innovation, it still be protected by law and imposed on various multimedia products.
The most popular DRM Media Converter are Aimersoft DRM Media Converter and M4VGear DRM Media Converter.They are two different handy DRM Media Converters, and have their own characteristics.
The following comparison of DRM Media Converter compares general and technical information for notable software DRM Media Converter programs.
1. General and technical information:
DRM Media Converter
DRM Media Converter
Aimersoft Studio. M4VGear Inc.
(Ultimate) $49.95 or $35.95 $49.95
Operating system compatibility
Windows X , Mac OS X Windows X , Mac OS X
Featured Support Resources
iTunes, Windows Media Centre, Zune Marketplace, BBC iPlayer, Xbox Live Store, Amazon Instant Video, Limewire, uTorrent, FrostWire and more iTunes
DRM Video:M4V, WMV, ASFCommon Video:MP4, MPG, MPEG AVI, DPG, WMV, ASF, RM, RMVB, DAT, MOV, FLV, F4V, VOB, 3GP, 3G2, DVR-MS, M4V, MKV, MOD, TOD, GIF, AP3, AIF, DV, NUT, NSV
HD Video TP, TRP, TOD, MTS, TS, M2TS, HD MKV, HD WMV, HD MOD, HD MOV, HD FLV
DRM Audio:WMA, M4P, M4B, AA, AAX
Common Audio:MP3, M4B, M4P, M4R, M4A, WMA, AAC, AC3, AIFF, APE, AMR, AU, CUE, FLAC, MKA, MPA, MP2, OGG, RA, RAM, WAV, AA, AAX
Protected or unprotected M4V.
Video:MOV, M4V, MP4, WMV, ASF, MKV, AVI, Xvid, DV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, VOB, TS, TRP, HD AVI, HD MP4, HD MPG, HD WMV, HD MOV, FLV, F4V, SWFAudio:MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, M4R MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, FLV, 3GP, 3G2, MPG, AAC, WMA, etc.
2. To summarize the above list
2.1 Source video for Quality Testing:
1080P HD iTunes Movie Battleship (2 hours and 11 minutes, 4.77 GB)
2.2 Audio quality:
The audio differences is not very clear by hearing.
Both of Aimersoft and M4VGear output stereo audio. However, Aimersoft can choose output audio codec as AC3 or AAC, M4VGear can only output AAC audio.
Note: Neither do they supports 5.1 surround audio
2.3 Video quality:
Aimersoft video bitrate: 2738 kbps (original is 5060 kbps)
M4VGear video bitrate: 4718 kbps (original is 5060 kbps)
2.4 Conversion speed/ time:
File size: Original 4.77 GB > M4VGear 4.66 GB > Aimersoft 2.48 GB
M4VGear takes 15 minutes < Aimersoft takes more than 2 hours
2.5 Compare by Pros and Cons
2.5.1 Aimersoft DRM Media Converter
• Supports more protected from Amazon Instant Video, Zune Marketplace, BBC iPlayer, etc.
• It also provides video and audio parameters for you to customize the output videos.
• Has more output profile for different devices.
• When adding file from iTunes, you need to find out the file location and drag the specific file to the program.
• I also notice that it records the video after starting the “conversion”, that’s why it needs more time than the movie duration for the “DRM Removal”.
• I first tested the program in a 20G memory PC, and it failed to run and my PC hanging there. I need to force shutting down computer and then try another PC.
2.5.2 M4VGear DRM Media Converter
• Remove DRM at high speed, the fastest M4V Converter and DRM Remover in the market.
• Rather easy to use. When add file, it can list your iTunes contents in a fine order. You can add needed file easily and quickly. In the whole process, you don’t need to customize anything.
• Retain movie quality as original; keep subtitles and multiple audio tracks.
• Only supports removing DRM from iTunes videos, M4V file.
• Not much output profiles and customization options.
• Can only export mp4 videos with AAC audio.
Although Aimersoft DRM Media Converter and M4VGear DRM Media Converter have their own characteristics, Both of them are excellent software through performance testing and comparison. Everyone should be based on your actual needs to select DRM Media Converter （DRM Removal Programs）.
- September 6, 2015 at 9:34 AM #671
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.